- 1960: Discovered by US Steel using airborne magnetic surveys.
- Up to 2001: Over 180,000 meters of drilling by US Steel, Anaconda, and other world leading mining companies discovers and delineates large copper and magnetite resources.
- Up to 2001: Several economic studies were completed with extensive metallurgical, geotechnical and geophysical studies.
- Acquired by Nevada Copper in 2005 with copper prices at $1.40/lb.
- Nevada Copper completed over 180,000 meters of drilling to date.
- Collection of geotechnical, metallurgical, environmental and hydrological baseline data has been ongoing since 2006 to support permitting and feasibility efforts.
- Nevada Copper completes NI 43-101 compliant resource estimates in 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012 as well as a Preliminary Economic Assessment in 2008*.
- Completed NI 43-101 Technical Reports -- Feasibility Studies in 2015, 2013 and 2012 (see Development Program)*
- Positive NI 43-101 Technical Report Pre-Feasibility Study completed: NI 43-101 Technical Report: Pumpkin Hollow Development Options -- Pre-feasibility Study 5,000 tons/day Underground Project; Feasibility Study for a 70,000 tons/day Open Pit/Underground Project -- effective date September 15, 2017”*
- Construction on underground operation started in 2012.
*The 2017 NI 43-101 Technical Report supersedes all other Technical Reports disclosed on this website. All NI 43-101 Technical Reports dated prior to 2017 are historical in nature and are not considered current.