May 4, 2018 - Nevada Copper Corp. (TSX: NCU) (“Nevada Copper” or “Company”) is pleased to announce the results from its 2018 Annual and Special Meeting (the “Meeting”), held on Friday, May 4th in Vancouver, B.C. Shareholders holding a total of 350,494,527 common shares of the Company attended the meeting in person or were represented by proxy, representing 78.74% of the total 445,150,682 common shares of the Company outstanding as of the record date. Shareholders voted in favour of all items of business before the Meeting.
Matthew Gili, President and CEO, of Nevada Copper, commented, “We are very pleased to have such a strong and experienced board of directors now in place as the company pushes towards initial production in 2019. Nevada Copper owns North America’s only fully-permitted, shovel-ready copper project of scale and, with supportive market fundamentals, including very few sources of new copper production, this is the right team to take this project forward and the right timing.”
1. Election of Directors
The following persons were elected as Directors of the Company until the next annual shareholder meeting of the Company, with the voting results shown below:
|Director||Votes For||% For||Votes Against||% Against|
|Raffaele (Lucio) Genovese||346,676,498||99.98||78,614||0.02|
|Abraham (Braam) Jonker||346,648,016||99.97||107,096||0.03|
|G. Ernest (Ernie) Nutter||346,682,098||99.98||72,714||0.02|
2. Appointment of Auditor
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP was appointed as the Company’s auditor and the directors were authorized to fix the auditor’s remuneration.
3. Determination of the Number of Directors
The number of directors was determined at eight.
|Votes For||Votes Against||Total Shares Voted|
The newly-appointed directors are:
Tom Albanese, Director
- Currently a director of Franco Nevada
- Previously CEO of Rio Tinto plc and Vedanta Resources Limited
- Previously served on the boards of Ivanhoe Mines Limited, Palabora Mining Company and Turquoise Hill Resources Limited
Ernie Nutter, Director
- Previously 13 years as Mining Analyst at Capital Group
- Prior to which spent 13 years with Royal Bank of Canada, as MD of RBC Capital Markets and Chairman of RBC Dominion Securities Strategic Planning Committee
Justin Cochrane, Director
- President and COO of Cobalt27
- Over 16 years of royalty and stream financing, M&A and corporate finance
- Former Executive VP and Head of Corporate Development for Sandstorm Gold Ltd
Nevada Copper wishes to thank Mr. Bonifacio, who did not stand for re-election at the Meeting, for his invaluable contributions to the Company since its inception in 2006. We wish Mr. Bonifacio all the best in his future endeavours.
NEVADA COPPER CORP.
Matthew Gili, President & CEO
For further information call:
VP, Marketing and Investor Relations