October 3, 2019
Pumpkin Hollow Progress and Construction Update
It's Fall here at Pumpkin Hollow, Nevada, and with the change of season comes another construction update with some new photos and a lot of advancement on surface and below ground. The team and all of our contractors continue to work at a fast and very efficient pace and, once again, I can happily state that we remain on track to enter production in Q4 of this year.
Process plant and ENVS looking west toward Yerington
East Main Shaft
- Total Lateral development to date has now advanced 8,200 feet on both levels.
- The Alimak has advanced vertically 250 feet and is now working on preparations for the ENVS loading pocket.
- Several mining fronts continue to make progress and they are: 3000 central ramp, 2900 geotechnical stope access and the connecting ramp between the 2770 and 2850 levels.
- The first round of definition drilling has been completed and showing close alignment with the geologic model.
- The 2800 level stope access continues to be driven to high-grade core of the East South deposit.
- Flow through ventilation has now been established from the 2850 level to the 2770 level and out of the mine.
- Mine refuge stations have been advanced and placed near the working faces on both the 2850 and 2770 levels.
- The paste borehole drilling is near completion at a depth of 1900 feet below surface.
Up next: Continue work on the ENVS loading pocket excavations, drive the 2900 level ramp to intersect the paste borehole and cement slick line, drive the 3000 central ramp and drive the connecting ramp between the 2770 and 2850 levels.
East-North Vent Shaft
The EN Vent has advanced over 1200 feet with 600 feet left to finish. The vertical drain hole has been completed from the bottom of the ENVS shaft up approximately 670 feet to allow continuous draining of any water gathering in the blind sink from the surface.
Up next: Continue sinking the shaft until we intersect the Alimak raise.
The surface infrastructure and processing equipment continues to advance to plan:
- All floatation cells mechanically complete
- Coarse ore Apron feeder mechanically complete
- Tailings radial stacker is currently being installed.
- Concentrate and tailings thickeners completed next week.
- Plant and instrument air mechanically complete.
- Fire house completed.
- Filter press mechanical installation continues on schedule.
- Pipework installation continues in all areas of the mill.
- Electrical and instrumentation is making good progress and is on schedule.
- 120 KV power is completed along the 4-mile corridor and has been energized.
- Administration and mine change house structural steel and fire sprinkler system is completed.
Up next: Continued, very strong progress for the process plant. The following upcoming work includes:
- Complete tailings thickener installation.
- Continue pulling electrical cables to all electrical houses.
- Commission feeder hopper and conveyor.
- Finish pipework installation.
- Finish 120 kV power pole installation along 4-mile corridor from future switch yard to the site.
- Install roof sheeting and insulation on the Administration and mine change house.
Process plant, admin building and main headframe looking east
Bolting the face on the 3000 central ramp
Please get in touch with any questions and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive the latest news releases and updates as they are released. Also, if you are a social media user, please connect with us via Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
David Swisher, SVP of Operations