August 2, 2019
August 2: Pumpkin Hollow Progress and Construction Update
Another construction update for you all! This one includes some great drone footage with lots of big changes above ground. Also, lots of good progress below ground. As before, we remain on track to enter production in Q4 of this year.
East Main Shaft
- Total Lateral development to date has now advanced 6,000 feet on both levels .
- the Alimak has advanced vertically 108 feet and is developing the 3000 level loading pocket.
- Several mining fronts continue to make progress and they are: 3000 central ramp , 2900 geotechnical stope access, 2770 geotechnical stope access, 2770 ventilation raise access and 2770 COB access.
- From the 2770 level, the team is advancing the COB lower excavations and making very good progress advancing the lower access toward the geotechnical test stope.
- We have now advanced the drilling of the paste borehole over 1000’. This borehole will be utilized for pastefill delivery as well as cement for construction needs.
Up next: Finish the Alimak 3000 level loading pocket drift and begin slashing the raise to finish diameter of 14’, continue to drive the 2770 access to the bottom of the geotechnical test stopes, drive the 2900 level ramp to intersect the paste borehole and cement slick line and drive the 3000 central ramp.
East-North Vent Shaft
The EN Vent Shaft has resumed shaft sinking after encountering a second small water inflow. The team drilled probe holes, grouted off the water inflow and then continued the safe excavation of the shaft. The shaft has advanced over 1000 feet with 800 feet left to finish. In addition, a subcontractor is drilling a vertical drain hole from the bottom of the ENVS shaft up approximately 900 feet. This will allow continuous draining of water to minimize any water gathering in the blind sink from the surface.
Up next: Continue sinking the shaft until we intersect the Alimak from the 3000 level.
The surface infrastructure and processing equipment continues to advance to plan:
- Mechanical fit out of the Sag and Ball mill continues on schedule
- All flotation cells have been installed
- The 120 KV substation transformer and electrical room has been completed
- All electrical rooms are on site and 40% installed
- The concentrate thickener is nearly complete
- The tailings thickener is being erected
- The filter press structure is nearly erected
- Coarse ore feeder hopper retaining wall and foundations complete
- Pipework installation is 75% complete
- 120 KV power pole installation along 4-mile corridor is 50% complete
Up next: Continued, very strong progress for the process plant. The following upcoming work includes:
- Complete thickener installation
- Continue pulling electrical cables to all electrical houses
- Install feeder hopper and conveyor
- Finish pipework installation
- Finish 120 kV power pole installation along 4-mile corridor from future switch yard to the site
- Continue Administration and change house building erection
(Process plant showing advanced construction progress looking West)
(Mills, flotation cells and fresh water tank looking North)
Please get in touch with any questions and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive the latest news releases and updates as they are released.
David Swisher, SVP of Operations